How Do I Upload a Photo?
First-year and transfer students, as well as new faculty and staff, have the option of uploading a photo to be used for your Wolfpack One Card. Be sure to review our photo criteria to ensure yours is accepted the first time:
Your photo should meet the following criteria.
- In focus. We need a clear image of ONLY you (not blurry, grainy, or fuzzy) against a plain background
- Forward-facing. Include a full face-and-shoulders shot, squarely facing the camera. Make sure your eyes are open and visible.
- Evenly lit. Find a place free from sunbeams and shadows.
- Vertical. Crop your photo just above the top of your head to your collarbone.
- Unenhanced. Don’t use lenses, filters, text, emoji, stickers, etc.. You can, however, use the basic editing function within your cell phone to adjust light/brightness.
- Unadorned. Ensure you are not wearing a hat, sunglasses, or other accessories that would obscure your face or head. If you wear a head covering daily for religious reasons, you can wear it; just adjust it to provide a full-face view. If you wear prescription glasses, you can wear those, too.
- Appropriate. This is your ID photo for the next four years. The best choice of clothing is a solid-colored shirt or top.
- Original. Copyrighted photos cannot be accepted.
- Saved correctly for submission. Save it as a jpeg with a minimum pixel size of 600 px by 600 px and a maximum file size of 2 MB.
You will be contacted when your card is ready. If you are in the Raleigh area, you may pick up your card Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Check with the office first to ensure your card is ready.
If you are a temporary employee, visitor, contractor or affiliate and your department requires you to have an ID card, please complete this form before coming to our office.